In this article, we'll show you how to migrate contacts from MailChimp into Carts Guru.
Log into your MailChimp account
Once you have logged into your MailChimp account, click "Lists"located at the top of your page.
Export a list or a segment
If you want to export several lists from MailChimp, follow these steps for each one of them.
MailChimp gives you the option to export contacts grouped as "Lists" or "Segments." Usually, we would advise you to import lists first - then you can use segments to export additional information.
To export a list:
- From the List page, click the name of the list you wish to export.
- Click “Export list."
- Click “Export as CSV.”
To export lists from the overall lists page:
- From the Lists page, click the listyou wish to export.
- Click the dropdown menunext to "Stats" and choose the "Exports" option.
- On the next page, you should see your lists with either a green checkmark or a yellow clock icon. A green checkmark means that your file is ready to export. If it displays a yellow clock icon, this means that MailChimp is still working to make your file available for export.
- If you see the green checkmark, click "Export as CSV."
To export a segment:
- From the Lists page, click the name of the list you wish to export.
- Click "View Saved Segments"and click the segment you wish to export.
- Click "Export segment."
- Click "Export as CSV."
Migrate general information and tags
Once you have downloaded the CSV file from MailChimp, you will need to import the file into your Carts Guru account. We will guide you through a process in which you map the columns from your file with the fields you have in Carts Guru.
If the fields do not exist in your Carts Guru account yet, you can create them from the Custom Properties page (website). To do so, click "Add New Property" from the "Map into field" dropdown and create the desired custom field.
If you need to import your MailChimp groups, you would have to do that separately from your general data migration.
To import Groups from MailChimp into Carts Guru:
- Login to your MailChimp account
- Go to Lists -> Manage Contacts -> Groups -> View subscribers -> Export segment.
- Once you have that, import the contacts into your Carts Guru account.
Create segments in Carts Guru
If you had created segments in your MailChimp account, you will need to recreate them in Carts Guru.
To get started:
- Check the segment configurations in your MailChimp account. To do so, navigate to the Lists page -> click the down caret for the list -> Select "Manage Contacts" -> Click "Segments." Here you can view all saved segments. Click here to read how to view and edit saved segments in MailChimp.
- Once you know what conditions to use to create your segments, you can create your lists in Carts Guru.