As the provider of an email marketing service, we take the enforcement of anti-spam laws very seriously. Spam can lead to negative impacts for all our users! Thus, it’s important that your emails comply with all applicable laws.
In this article, you’ll learn about anti-spam requirements for email. This article is provided as a resource, but it doesn’t represent proper legal advice. We encourage you to seek legal counsel to learn how various anti-spam regulations and laws may apply to your organization.
What am I responsible for?
We have rules and regulations all our users have to abide by. You must follow CartsGuru's anti-spam requirements and any other laws that may apply to your business. Here’s an overview of what you’re responsible for:
- You must abide by CartsGuru's anti-spam requirements, which comply with the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act.
- You must determine whether any additional anti-spam or data protection laws apply to you based on the country where your business is located and comply with those laws.
- You must determine whether any additional anti-spam or data protection laws apply to you based on the country where your contacts or customers are located and comply with those laws.
Carts Guru Requirements
Carts Guru is located in the United States and our email platform complies with CAN-SPAM, the U.S. law that regulates commercial and marketing emails. We also have some additional requirements in place to help protect our service, our users, and their contacts. Here’s an overview of Carts Guru's anti-spam requirements for email:
- You must include an unsubscribe link in every email campaign you send.
- You must include your contact information in every promotional email you send, including a physical mailing address or P.O. Box where you can receive mail.
- You may not falsify your contact information or subject line.
- Emails you send through CartsGuru must comply with the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act, even if your business is outside of the United States.
Email regulations vary by country. So, you may be subject to some additional regulations depending on the location of both your business and your contacts.
It’s your responsibility to determine whether any additional laws or regulations, including international laws, apply to you or the emails you send through Carts Guru. Keep in mind that, in addition to email spam laws, some countries may have data protection or security laws that could impact your email marketing. If your business is based outside of the United States, or you have an international contact base, you need to determine what additional laws you’re subject to before sending through Carts Guru.