This widget is special due to its discretion. People love it as it can be open or closed by default upon a visitor entering the website. You can choose to display it either in the bottom left or bottom right corners of your page. Use it to offer a special discount when the visitor is close to purchasing or when they cancel a purchase.
To create a Flyout widget:
1. From the menu bar, go to the widgets section.
2. A list of 5 available widgets will appear. To enable the widget, click on the toggle next to the 'edit' button.
3. After enabling, click on edit.
4. A screen will appear where you are able to edit the design of the widget and its configuration.
5. After you've made all the changes, click save.
Designing your widget
- In the design section, edit anything from language to the font of the widget.
- First, select whether you want the widget to have an image or a plain color on the top.
- Then, choose which type of icon you want to display and the color behind it.
- Carts Guru also gives you the option to change the language of your widget by choosing one of the options available or adding one of your own.
- Edit the font and its colors, as well as the text to encourage your users to opt-in.
- Decide whether you want the flyout widget to appear on the right or left side of the screen (remember, when the widget is inactive, it shows up as a small bubble on the bottom side of the screen. Users need to click on it to activate).
- As the flyout widget is usually inactive, it shows up as a small bubble on the bottom side of the screen. Users need to click on it to activate. But, we offer the possibility of having it open by default. If you want to enable this option, click on the toggle next to 'Snippet opened by default'.
Configuring your widget
- In the Widget configuration part, you can select whether you want your widget to have no discount (so encouragement to subscribe to a newsletter for example), a direct discount, or a slot machine where users have a chance percentage to win something. You can optimize the chance percentage afterwards.
- Trigger Configuration is where you set up how often you want to display the widget for one user who has viewed it for a certain amount of times.
- Input the number of maximum attempts you want the widget to show up for the same person.
- Then, select a time lapse in which the widget will not be displayed for that person anymore.
- For example, if a visitor sees the widget 5 times but has not interacted with it, the widget will not show up for them anymore for 24 hours.
- Finally, choose what types of opt-in you would like to collect from your visitor.