The add to cart embedded is included in each product page and placed below the “add to cart” button. This widget doesn’t interrupt the buyer’s journey as it doesn’t pop up like all the others. Whether or not a visitor wants to opt-in is completely up to them. Not only is it non-disruptive, but it also works for a variety of use cases, from abandoned cart to exit intent.
To create an Add to cart embedded widget:
1. From the menu bar, go to the widgets section.
2. A list of 5 available widgets will appear. To enable the widget, click on the toggle next to the 'edit' button.
3. After enabling, click on edit.
4. A screen will appear where you are able to edit the design of the widget and its configuration.
5. After you've made all the changes, click save.
Designing your widget
- In the design section, edit anything from the border radius of the click to action button to the language of the widget.
- First, choose whether you want to display a widget icon or not.
- Then, edit the border color and radius of the click-to-action button.
- Carts Guru also gives you the option to change the language of your widget by choosing one of the options available or adding one of your own.
- Edit the font and its colors, as well as the text to encourage your users to opt-in.
- And, since the the add-to-cart embedded is a static widget, you can choose whether you want it to show up above or below the add to cart button on a product page.
Configuring your widget
- In the Widget configuration part, you can select whether you want your widget to have no discount (so encouragement to subscribe to a newsletter for example), a direct discount, or a slot machine where users have a chance percentage to win something. You can optimize the chance percentage afterwards.
- Trigger Configuration is where you set up how often you want to display the widget for one user who has viewed it for a certain amount of times.
- Input the number of maximum attempts you want the widget to show up for the same person.
- Then, select a time lapse in which the widget will not be displayed for that person anymore.
- For example, if a visitor sees the widget 5 times but has not interacted with it, the widget will not show up for them anymore for 24 hours.
- Finally, choose what types of opt-in you would like to collect from your visitor.