This widget appears when the non-identified visitor adds an item to their cart. It enables you to capture them when the intention of buying is at its highest point: the visitor wants the product to be in the cart. If you use it to offer potential free delivery, you’ll increase the likelihood of a conversion.
To create an Add-to-cart pop-up widget:
1. From the menu bar, go to the widgets section.
2. A list of 5 available widgets will appear. To enable the widget, click on the toggle next to the 'edit' button.
3. After enabling, click on edit.
4. A screen will appear where you are able to edit the design of the widget and its configuration.
5. After you've made all the changes, click save.
Designing your widget
- In the design section, edit anything from language to the font of the widget.
- First, select which type of layout you would like to have. You have 9 layout options to choose from.
- Select whether you want the widget to have an image or a plain color on the top.
- Carts Guru also gives you the option to change the language of your widget by choosing one of the options available or adding one of your own.
- Edit the font and its colors, as well as the text to encourage your users to opt-in.
Configuring your widget
- In the Widget configuration part, you can select whether you want your widget to have no discount (so encouragement to subscribe to a newsletter for example), a direct discount, or a slot machine where users have a chance percentage to win something. You can optimize the chance percentage afterwards.
- Trigger Configuration is where you set up how often you want to display the widget for one user who has viewed it for a certain amount of times.
- Input the number of maximum attempts you want the widget to show up for the same person.
- Then, select a time lapse in which the widget will not be displayed for that person anymore.
- For example, if a visitor sees the widget 5 times but has not interacted with it, the widget will not show up for them anymore for 24 hours.
- Finally, choose what types of opt-in you would like to collect from your visitor.