In this article, we’ll show you how to plan and execute an amazing Black Friday campaign using your Carts Guru platform to create the second out of two key campaigns: the order confirmation. You can find the first key campaign here: the cart abandonment.
Black Friday Order Confirmation Campaign
Your customers are doing a lot of online shopping and they need to keep track of everything they’ve bought. Therefore, having an order confirmation campaign in order is essential!
To begin, here's a checklist of what you need to run a successful Black Friday order confirmation campaign:
- 1 SMS template
- 1 Email template
- 1 dynamic list with all contacts
- 1 Action trigger campaign
To create your Black Friday order confirmation campaign, follow these steps:
First, you’ll need to create an SMS template. When creating an SMS template it’s important to keep it short and sweet - otherwise, your message will be split into two separate texts and you will be charged more. Something like:
“Hey <customerfirstname>! Your order has been confirmed! You’ll receive shipping information soon.”
The next step is creating a template for your Black Friday order confirmation email!
The sections that should be dragged-and-dropped onto the email template are:
- A text box where you explain that the order has been confirmed and let the customer know that shipping information will be coming soon.
- A cart item box which contains a summary of the order your customer made along with images of the products.
- A social media box, where you encourage your customers to follow your brand on all your social media platforms and include linked icons for each.
To complete the final step in creating your Black Friday order confirmation campaign head to ‘campaigns’ in your Cart Guru app.
First, configure your campaign. Click on ‘action trigger’ and select the action ‘order confirmation’.
Set the start date as the Black Friday date (in this case, 28th November 2019 at 12:00 AM) and the end date as the Cyber Monday date (in this case, 2nd December 2019 at 11:59 PM). In the re-enroll contact section, choose to "always" re-enroll them (in case one person has multiple orders, they should receive multiple confirmations).
The campaign goal should be engagement and the audience should be a dynamic list of all your contacts.
Once your campaign is configured, switch to the workflow tab and complete the following steps:
- From the ‘start’ block, select ‘action’ and then ‘SMS’. Now select the SMS template you created earlier.
- From the SMS block click ‘continue’ then insert a time delay of 5 minutes.
- After the time delay select ‘action’ again, and this time chose ‘email’.
- Now just select the email template you created earlier and your workflow is complete!
And voila! Your Cart Abandonment and Order Confirmation Black Friday campaigns are complete!
Now you’re ready to launch both campaigns and boost your profits with minimal effort this Black Friday!