What about the customers on your contact list who didn’t shop in over Black Friday weekend? You still need to inform them of the upcoming Christmas sales!
With Carts Guru, you’re able to segment your audience based on many factors, including their past purchasing history. This means you’re able to create messaging that is relevant for the contacts who didn’t shop over Black Friday while still being able to thank those who did.
To begin, here's a checklist of what you need to run a successful campaign:
- 1 dynamic list of contacts who haven't shopped during Black Friday
- 1 email to send to all contacts
- 1 email to send to VIP customers (these are contacts that spend over a certain amount)
- 1 SMS to send to VIP customers
- 1 SMS to send to non-VIPs
- 1 discount code of 5% for VIP customers
- 1 Time trigger campaign
Before designing your templates and building your campaign, you’ll first need to create your audience. To do this, head to the ‘lists’ page in your Carts Guru account and create a ‘dynamic list’ called something like ‘Non-Black Friday Xmas campaign’. To build your list, you’ll need to select ‘include contacts that meet all conditions’ then create two conditions:
- ‘Last made purchase’ before 29.11.19
- ‘Last made purchase’ after 2.12.19
Once you’ve created your list, head to the ‘templates’ page on your Carts Guru app and build an email template.
The sections you’ll need to drag-and-drop onto the template are:
- A ‘text box’, where you’ll address the customer personally and explain the upcoming Christmas sales.
- Three ‘image and text’ boxes to show three examples of products that will be available during the Christmas sales.
- A ‘recommended products box’ to include three recommended products selected automatically by Carts Guru, based on each customer’s past purchasing and browsing history.
- A ‘follow us on social media’ section at the bottom of the template. This will include linked icons to direct the customers to each of your social media sites.
Next, create another email template for your VIP customers who didn’t shop during Black Friday. It’s not a good sign that a VIP customer didn’t take advantage of your Black Friday sales, so it’s especially important to nurture them and bring them back to your store for Christmas.
A great way to do this is with a special discount code, just for these at-risk VIP customers. You’ll need to create the coupon code on the Carts Guru app before you build the template for your email.
Finally, head to ‘templates’ section and design and build a template like before. The sections you should drag-and-drop into your template this time are:
- A text box where you personally greet the customer and inform them of the upcoming Christmas sales and the special discount they will be able to use.
- Three ‘image and text’ boxes to give examples of three of your best products available during the Christmas sale.
- A discount code box to give direct access to your coupon. To add the coupon code you created earlier, just scroll to the ‘discount’ drop-down menu and select the code you created.
- A recommended products section, which will include 3 products selected by Carts Guru and tailored to each customer’s individual purchasing history and browsing behavior.
- At the bottom of the template include the ‘follow us on social media’ box, with linked icons to take your customers directly to your social media sites.
The next thing you’ll need to create is an SMS template for your VIP customers to remind them about the upcoming Christmas sales and the special discount. When you create your SMS template on your Carts Guru app be sure to keep it short and sweet to prevent your message from being split across two texts. Don’t worry, we’ll alert you when your message goes over the set limit.
The VIP SMS template should say something like this:
You should also create an SMS message for all non-VIP customers who didn’t shop during Black Friday sales. The purpose of this SMS is just to alert your customers to the Christmas sales and get them excited! This message should sound something like this:
“Hey <contactfirstname>! Are you ready for Christmas? Our Christmas sales start NOW so get organized and start shopping!”
Well done, you’ve created all your templates! Now it’s time to configure your campaign and build your customer journey! Head to the ‘campaigns’ page in your Carts Guru app and create a new campaign.
This campaign should be:
- A time trigger campaign
- Campaign goal = engagement
- Starting on the 2nd of December
- Set a weekly occurrence
- Audience should be the 'Non-Black Friday Xmas campaign’ list you created earlier.
** It’s important to note that with the weekly recurrence set the campaign will continue to run until you pause it. We recommend pausing the campaign on the 13th of December, that way your customers will just receive the Christmas messaging twice.
Once your campaign is configured you can switch to ‘workflow’ and start designing your customer journey:
- From the ‘start’ block, select ‘action’, then ‘SMS’, and choose the SMS message you created for everyone.
- Next, insert a ‘time delay’ of one day.
- After the ‘time delay’ block you’ll want to add another ‘action’. The action you should select is ‘email’, then find the first email template you created for everyone.
- Click the action block and add a ‘condition’.
- The ‘condition’ should be ‘average purchase amount = greater than or equal to $500 (or whichever amount you consider to be a VIP customer).
- From this condition, add another time delay of 1 day.
- Then, select another action and send the SMS template you created for VIP customers with the discount.
- From this action, split the workflow into "success" and "failure" by choosing success. From the success branch, insert the trigger ‘last message opened within 1 day’. Click on it and choose "False".
- Add another time delay of 1 day and finally, send the email you created with the discount for VIP customers. This means that if the customer did not open the SMS, they will receive the email.
- Going back to the VIP SMS, select the "failure" branch and add action -> email. Select the same template you created with the discount for VIP customers. This means that people who have not receive the initial SMS will have the chance to open the special email.
And there you have it! Your Post-Black Friday Sales Campaign! Not only are you now fully organized for Black Friday, but you’ve also made a solid start on your Christmas marketing! Now just sit back and watch your profits grow.
Please sign in to leave a comment.