If you want to import your e-commerce store’s existing contact and order data into your Carts Guru account via CSV there are a few steps you need to follow.
The CSV file of your contacts needs to include at least one identifier. This could be an email address, a phone number or the customer’s account ID
If you have them, you should also include:
- The customers first name
- The customers last name
- The country they are in (here you must use their international country code, eg FR for France or US for the United States)
Your contact CSV file should be formatted in the following way:
The CSV file of your orders also needs to include at least one contact identifier so that you can link the order with the correct contact. This could be an email address or the customer’s account ID.
You also need to include:
- Order ID
- The Order Cost: (total ET and total ATI) these both need to use US formatting ie. 36.50 (not 36,50)
- Currency: use the letters EUR for € and USD for $
- Order state: for example paid, payment failed, shipped etc.
- Order creation date: this must be written in the following format
YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS.000Z (with Y = YEAR / M = Month / D = Day / H = Hour / M = Minutes / S = Seconds and 000Z being the milliseconds)
Your order CSV file should be formatted in the following way:
Important to note:
You need to import contacts first, then orders. An order import will not work if the relevant contact's information is not already in the Carts Guru system.
If you don’t use the correct formatting (as shown above) you will have issues using filters on dates or amounts.