As the sender, you are responsible for knowing the rules/regulations in the countries/areas you are sending communications to.
Sending prohibited content can lead to permanent expiration of the entire SMS Short Code, Long Virtual Number or Toll-Free Number.
It's also illegal to send unsolicited text messages to people without their consent, and the fines can be heavy. This is why obtaining consent through opt-ins is so important.
Here is a list of prohibited content in the United States:
- SHAFT: sex, hate, alcohol, firearms, tobacco content
- vaping or marijuana/cannabis or content relating to dispensaries
- anything relating to debt or loans, including financial schemes
- pirated computer programs, viruses, spyware, worms, or other harmful code
- fraud, spam, and phishing
- deceptive marketing
- anything that can be interpreted to be infringing, defamatory or otherwise objectionable, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, offensive, obscene, pornographic, hateful, or promoting discrimination, bigotry, or racism
Please sign in to leave a comment.