To improve your deliverability, Carts Guru automatically authenticates your campaign to ensure your emails will pass SPF checks. Authentication is a sender identification tool that protects email senders and their recipients from spam, forgery, and phishing.
Why authentication matters
Authentication is critical to the delivery of your campaign and works like a license plate for email. It provides a trackable identifier that shows your subscriber's internet service provider you're a legitimate sender and it helps your campaign arrive in the inbox.
Benefits of Carts Guru's Default Authentication
Carts Guru's default authentication has a few important benefits.
- You automatically get SPF authentication on all your campaigns.
- Since our authentication is enabled by default, you don't have to edit any advanced settings like DNS records.
Custom domain authentication
If you use your own email domain, we recommend you set up your SPF authentication. This way, Carts Guru will be permitted to display your domain's information in your email header, which can help improve your delivery rates and make your campaigns look more professional.
To do this, you'll need to make a few changes in your DNS records, so you may want to ask your website manager or domain registrar for help.
Benefits of custom domain authentication
Authenticating your own domain has two important benefits.
It removes the default Carts Guru authentication information ("via cartsguru.io" or "on behalf ofcartsguru.io") that shows up next to your campaign's "From name" in certain email clients.
While this works for most email clients, some email clients, like Outlook, may still display authentication information after custom configuration is set up. This is specific to each email client and isn't something we can prevent.
- It can help your campaigns arrive in subscriber inboxes, rather than spam or junk folders.
Do I need custom domain authentication?
Before you authenticate your domain to use in Carts Guru, review these questions to make sure it's a good fit.
- Is your "From email address" associated with your email domain, rather than a public webmail address like gmail.com or hotmail.com?
- Are you or your IT team able to access your domain's DNS editor?
- Do your delivered campaigns show "on behalf of mcsv.net" or "via mcsv.net" in the sender details section?
If you answered yes to all or most of these questions, custom authentication is a good fit for you. If you answered no to most of these questions, you can keep using Carts Guru default authentication that's already set up on your account.