Importing past order data from your CMS (Shopify, Prestashop, Magento, etc) helps you create relevant audiences. By associating your imported contacts with their past purchasing behavior you are able to form a better understanding of each individual customer. This data can then be used to create highly-personalized marketing in the form of customer win-back campaigns or customer activation campaigns.
It’s important to note that you need to import contacts first, then orders. This way, you will enrich your contacts’ current data.
Once you have imported your contacts you can export orders from your CMS (Shopify, Prestashop, Magento, etc).
You should then have a CSV file that looks like this:
The following information is necessary to import a CSV file of orders into Carts Guru:
- Contacts Identifier (email address OR phone number OR contact ID)
- Order Identifier: for example ‘Purchase ID’, ‘Order number’, etc.
- Order Cost: it can be ATI and/or ET, and needs to use US formatting ie. 36.50 (not 36,50)
- Order Currency: use letters not symbols - EUR, USD, etc.
- Order state: for example ‘paid’, ‘payment failed’, ‘shipped’, etc.
- Order date: this must be written in one of the following formats:
- yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm
- MM-dd-yyyy HH:mm
- dd-MM-yyyy HH:mm
- yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm
- MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm
- dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm
You can then clean your file by removing unnecessary columns. If you don’t have time to delete columns now, no worries: you can do it later.
A cleaned file looks like this:
Once your file is clean, make sure it’s saved as a .CSV file (which can be done in Excel or Google Sheets), then you can import it into Carts Guru. To do so, just follow these steps (video below).
- Go to the left-sidebar and click Contacts.
- Then, in the upper part of the screen, click the orange "Import" button.
- Select “Orders”.
- Choose the .csv file you want to import.
- After the file has been processed select the relevant fields that you want to map. For example, 36.50 -> Total ATI, USD -> Order Currency, and so on. If a field doesn’t exist, select “Do not map that field”.
- After mapping all the fields, click Next.
- Finally, select the appropriate format of order dates.
- Click "Import Now" and you're done!