Your workflow begins with just a starting block. For action triggers campaigns such as cart abandoned ones, the workflow has a built-in delay of 30 mins before you start an action. This means that the action trigger you set in your campaign has just occurred and 30 minutes after your workflow actions commence.
Watch the video or follow the steps below to edit your first workflow.
1. Click ‘start’ and you will see the options for the first step in your workflow. These options are:
- Unlinked actions: this is just used to help you construct your workflow and reconnect unlinked blocks.
- Time Delay: add a time delay to avoid sending too many messages at once. Delay the sending of your message by minutes, hours, or days to give your customers time to consider your most recent message before receiving another one.
- Messages: the messages you can send are either an email, facebook message, or SMS. After clicking on ‘message’, on the right side of the screen, you should select the previously created template of the message you want to send.
- Condition: there are numerous conditions you can input into your workflow. You can create conditions around the ‘contact’, such as their name, country, language, or average purchase amount. You can also create conditions around the specific cart, such as the total ATI, the currency, the item’s ID, or the availability of the item. Finally, you can create conditions around the properties of the order. These are similar to the cart properties but also include things like payment method, order status, and whether the order has been given free shipping or a discount code.
- Trigger: the triggers are only relevant once an action has already been performed. The trigger will then allow you to differentiate between customers who have opened your last message, clicked your last message, or unsubscribed from your last message and customize the next communication according to the previous interaction with your messages.
2. After selecting your option, a branch will appear in the workflow. If you want to remove this branch, hover your mouse over it and click X.
3. You will notice that while the branch is gone, the module block is still there.
4. If you want to reconnect the block, click on Unliked Actions and select which block you'd like to reintroduce into the workflow.
5. Alternatively, you can click on the module and delete it.
Once you have input your first message into the workflow, you will get a different set of options:
- If message is sent: means the message(email, facebook message or SMS) was successfully sent and delivered to the customer. If the action was successful this may be where you would want to input a delay to give the customer time to consider the message.
- If message isn't sent: means the message wasn’t sent. This could be because the email or phone number on your contact list is out of date or wrong. If the action failed to send you would want to try another channel of communication right away.
- Continue: means that regardless of whether the previous message was successful or not you want to continue your workflow in a certain way.
To find out more about triggers and conditions, and how to add more messages to your workflow, read this article.
For more info on our workflow logic and its structure, see this article.